Thursday, February 17, 2011

The 17 Day Diet

So Michael & I have decided to give try The 17 Day Diet. I heard about it on Dr. Phil & The Doctors. You can read more about it on the website, http://www.the17daydiet.com/  It is basically 4 cycles, each cycle is 17 days long & focuses on a different system. Like the 1st cycle is called the accelerate cycle & it focuses on rapid weight loss & boosting metabolism.  It is not just a diet, it is a lifestyle change. It is suppose to help you kick cravings & teach you how to eat healthy for good.  Anyways, I was a little hesitant to post anything about because 1., you tell people you are dieting you always get the ones who think they know everything about dieting & are full of advice that I really don't want to hear. 2., I don't know with 100% certainty that it is going to work for us & I don't want people watching & asking how it is going. LOL! BUT on the other hand I figure that since we are pretty determined that maybe by blogging about it I would keep myself motivated & on track. I figure that anybody can do anything for 17 days....right?!? So backtracking a bit, when I started "actually" trying to loose weight (by actually I mean watching what I eat & exercising, NOT popping a diet pill) last January I joined Weight Watchers. I lost 18lbs, then life got in the way & I lost my motivation. I gained back 4lbs. So since last January I have lost a total of 14lbs & maintained that. Which is better than gaining. I seem to be stuck at my current weight, I loose a few, gain it back, loose it again, gain it back. Anyways, that is how we started the 17 day diet. Yesterday was Day 1. It went well. I never felt hungry through the day but I was never full either. I tend to be a bored/emotional eater so I just tried to keep my self busy. I decided to weigh in this morning just for the heck of it, according to my scales I have lost 2lbs already! I read in the book that should happen because your body is flushing out toxins & excess water...which totally explains why I have to pee like every hour! What ever it is, that is enough motivation for me to keep at this!

1 comment: